Discrimination is Against the Law
Seymour Hospital complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. ADC does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters; and
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Information written in other languages; and
- Qualified Interpreters
If you need these services, contact the Compliance Officer at 940-889-5572
If you believe that Seymour Hospital has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with: Kimberly Nix, Compliance Officer Seymour Hospital, 200 Stadium Drive, Seymour, TX 76380, Office Telephone 940-889-5572, Office Fax 940-889-3337, Email email@example.com. You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, Kim Nix, Compliance Officer is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services 200 Independence Avenue, SW Room 509F, HHH Building Washington, D.C. 20201, 1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD). Complaint forms are available at: http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.